Beautiful to look at and refreshing to drink, this watermelon martini may not be masculine enough for James Bond, but it’s fantastic. The lime juice cuts the sweetness just a bit and adds a slight tang.
- Ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces fresh watermelon juice see Note
- Juice of 1/2 lime freshly squeezed
- Thin slice of watermelon for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, combine the vodka, watermelon juice, and lime juice. Shake for 10 seconds and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with the slice of watermelon and serve.
- Note: Homemade Fresh Watermelon Juice. For 3 ounces juice, place 1/2 pound of peeled, seeded, and chopped watermelon in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain into a bowl. It will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- *Calories Per Serving: 144