Photo Credit: Food Network
This bright, zingy salad of raw vegetables is the perfect cookout accompaniment.
- 8 ounces green beans or wax beans trimmed, halved and blanched
- Kernels from 3 ears of corn about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes preferably Sungold, halved
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- One 8-ounce ball fresh mozzarella diced
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Clam Bake.
- Combine the green beans, corn kernels, tomatoes, peppers, mint and oregano in a large bowl and mix well. Add the vinegar, olive oil and salt and toss to coat. Let sit for 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry. Fold in the cheese just before serving.