We love the combination of fresh corn and spicy Italian sausage – it’s a perfect marriage of sweet-and-heat. In this tasty summer pizza, those ingredients are the stars alongside fresh mozzarella, arugula and basil. Simplicity at its finest!
If you don’t have fresh corn on hand, that’s fine – thawed out frozen corn will work great, too.
Summer Corn And Spicy Sausage Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough, Giada’s recipe or storebought
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn
- ½ pound spicy Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ear of sweet yellow corn, sliced off the cob
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn
- Olive oil and red pepper flakes for finishing, optional
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Dust a rimmed baking sheet lightly with flour. Place the pizza dough on the flour and gently stretch and form the dough into a 12 by 13-inch oval using your fingertips. Spread the sauce over the dough and top with the torn mozzarella. Sprinkle the sausage and corn evenly over the crust.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the crust appears fully cooked. Set the oven to broil and cook for an additional 1-3 minutes, until the crust turns a deep golden brown. Be careful to not burn the crust.
- Remove the pizza from the oven to a cutting board and top with fresh arugula and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper flakes, if using. Slice into wedges and serve.