Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
These gluten free pancakes are super fluffy and hearty all at once!
- 1 cup white rice flour or gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup plus more for serving
- 1 cup cooked quinoa cooled
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and 1 tablespoon syrup. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry and whisk until a few lumps remain. Fold in the quinoa.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush with a bit of oil or butter and scoop 1/4 cup rounds of the batter on the griddle. Allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side or until little bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip the pancakes and cook an additional minute. Remove to a plate and keep warm while preparing the remaining batter. Serve warm with butter and more pure maple syrup.