Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This succulent pasta is finished off with gorgonzola dolce, which creates a super creamy and flavorful sauce.
Pancetta and Gorgonzola Cavatelli
- 1 8.8 ounce package cavatelli pasta
- 1/2 pound pancetta cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots peeled and chopped
- 1 8ounce container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 pound gorgonzola dolce cheese
- 1 5ounce package baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the cavatelli 2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain well reserving 1 1/2 cups of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, add the pancetta and olive oil to a large skillet and warm over medium high heat. Cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until the pancetta is crispy, about 8 minutes. Add the shallots and cook another minute until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and season with the salt. Cook, stirring often for about 4 minutes or until the tomatoes are beginning to soften. Add the pasta to the pan along with ½ cup of pasta water. Scatter the gorgonzola over the pasta and stir to combine. Continue to stir, adding pasta water as needed, until a light creamy sauce is formed. Add the spinach and toss to combine. Cook another minute until the spinach is just barely wilted. Serve hot.