For a delicious and super simple weeknight dinner, try this linguine with anchovy and walnuts. The pasta is tossed in a spicy sauce of Calabrian chili and anchovy, and topped with chopped walnuts and arugula. What makes this sauce special is the Calabrian chili. It’s not just a regular kind of spice — it has a warmth and a sweetness to it that balances out the flavors of the dish really well.
Serve with your favorite Italian salad to complete the meal.
Linguine with Anchovy and Walnuts
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste or more if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon Colatura di alici di Cetara or fish sauce
- 1 anchovy fillet chopped fine
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves roughly chopped or torn
- 1 cup baby arugula roughly chopped or torn
- As seen on: Giada in Italy, Episode 1. Cucina Italiana.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for about 8 to10 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chili paste, anchovy juice, anchovy fillet and olive oil. Add the pasta, top with the grated cheese and toss well adding the reserved pasta water as needed to create a sauce. Add the walnuts, mint and arugula and toss well.