Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
What to do with the leftover candy haul? Turn them into these salty-sweet, gooey marshmallow popcorn treats!
Leftover Candy Halloween Popcorn Clusters
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups 12-ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate candy bars such as Twix, Snickers, Kit Kat's, etc chopped into 1/4" pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped salted almonds
- 1/2 cup orange and black chocolate candies such as M&Ms or Reese's Pieces
- Spray the inside of a large mixing bowl with vegetable cooking spray, and lightly spray a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a 3 quart or larger, heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil and popcorn over medium-high heat. Cover the pan and shake gently. Cook until all the kernels have popped, about 3 minutes. Place the popcorn in the prepared bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over low heat. Add the vanilla extract and marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted and the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn. Using a spatula, sprayed with cooking spray, stir until the popcorn is coated. Spread the mixture over the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the chocolate bar pieces, almonds and chocolate candies. Using a spatula, gently press the toppings into the popcorn. Allow the mixture to dry for 1 hour.
- Pull apart into 2-inch pieces and store airtight in a plastic container.