Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This super-easy pasta has a short list of ingredients, and it only takes 15 minutes to whip up… seriously! You can use any type of short pasta for this recipe.
Fusilli with Pesto and Green Beans
- Kosher salt
- One 8-ounce package whole-grain or gluten-free fusilli pasta such as Tru Roots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot chopped
- 8 ounces green beans trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- One 10-ounce bag frozen peas
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup store-bought pesto
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese such as Calabro
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: Jade’s Feel Good Food.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Sprinkle generously with salt. Add the pasta and cook 1 minute less than the package instructions, about 5 minutes. Drain well, reserving 1/3 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and shallots with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook for 1 minute. Add the green beans and another 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often, until the beans are just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook another minute to warm through. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet along with the reserved water. Top the bare pasta with the Parmesan and add the pesto. Toss well to coat. Dollop the ricotta over the top and serve