Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Grilling fish can be tricky, but the secret to making it easy as can be? Foil packet salmon! By adding white wine and aromatics like rosemary, lemons and capers to foil packets with salmon, the heat of the grill steams all of those flavors together and cooking the fish delicately. This recipe results in the most tender, flavorful salmon – in just mere minutes. And no need to worry about fish sticking to the grill!
Foil Packet Salmon With Lemons And Rosemary
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 8 lemon slices about 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine or white wine
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 4 pieces of aluminum foil
- Brush top and bottom of salmon fillets with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place each piece of seasoned salmon on a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal. Top the each piece of salmon with 2 lemon slices, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of wine, and 1 teaspoon of capers. Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil packets.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Place the foil packets on the hot grill and cook for 10 minutes for a 1-inch thick piece of salmon. Serve in the foil packets.