Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
If you’re looking for an incredibly easy, decadent Thanksgiving pie, look no further! This is my spin on a pecan pie, with a no-bake filling of dulce de leche, walnuts, dark chocolate, and some orange zest for balance.
Chocolate Caramel Crunch Pie
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 28 ounces store bought dulce de leche such as Trader Joes
- 1 1/2 cups toasted walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest from half an orange
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks such as Scharffen Berger 70%
- 1/2 teaspoon flake salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- unsweetened chocolate to grate
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Season 2, Episode 3. Thanksgiving Feast.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break the graham crackers into small pieces and place in a food processor. Pulse to blend into fine crumbs. Add the cocoa powder, butter and salt and pulse, in 2 second intervals, until combine and the consistency of wet sand. Press the mixture into and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Scoop the dolce de leche into a medium bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the walnuts, zest and chocolate chunks. Pour into the prepared pie shell and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until chilled all the way through and set.
- Just before serving, whip the heavy cream and vanilla in a medium bowl using a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Sprinkle the flake salt on the caramel pie, top with the whipped cream and grate the unsweetened chocolate over the top.