This quick, simple popsicle recipe is spiked with watermelon vodka! The best part is that you can make them at the start of summer, and keep them on hand in the freezer for a fun “cocktail” for company – or when you just need to cool down!
Boozy Watermelon Popsicles
- 1/2 3 pounds large watermelon, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup watermelon flavored 70 proof vodka recommended: Smirnoff Twist of Watermelon* see Cook's Note
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a blender, combine the watermelon, sugar, and vodka. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Add the mint and pulse once to combine. Pour the mixture into the pop molds. Insert the wooden sticks all the way down the inside the molds. Freeze for at least 10 hours or preferably overnight.
- To unfreeze the ice pops, insert the molds in hot water for 5 to 10 seconds. Serve immediately.