Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
I love to riff off of the traditional Shandy cocktail, which is typically beer mixed with lemonade. This one feels perfect for fall – a light lager beer like Heineken mixed with sparkling apple cider makes for a super refreshing, effervescent light drink that still feels appropriate for the season.
Apple Cider Shandy
- 4 12-fluid ounce bottles lager beer, chilled (recommended: Heineken)
- 1 25.4-fluid ounce bottle sparkling apple cider, chilled
- Slowly pour the beer into a 10-cup capacity pitcher and slowly add the sparkling cider.
- Pour the shandy into frosted glasses and serve immediately
- Cook's Note: The ingredients can be divided and served in 2 smaller pitchers.