Step away from the microwave! Our trusty Culinary Director, Lish Steiling, debunks the best (and tastiest!) way to reheat pasta.
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a few tablespoons of olive oil. You want that fat – it’s what will suspend the pasta over the pan and give you that golden-brown crust on the pasta.
3. Make an even layer of the pasta over the pan…
4. Don’t disturb! Let the pasta sizzle away for 3-4 minutes. If you don’t have enough oil in the pan, it could burn, so use your senses. Listen to it, smell it, and see it – if any part of the pan seems too dry, don’t hesitate to add more oil.
5. When you notice the pasta beginning to brown and get crunchy edges, give it a stir.
6. Keep doing this routine until the pasta is browned and crisp all over, and fully heated through.
7. I love to add some greens at the very end just to wilt them down and liven up the dish. Arugula, spinach, mustard greens – anything you have to brighten up the dish. If you like it spicy like me, a hearty dash of red pepper flakes or a little dousing of calabrian chili paste gives it that perfect extra kick
8. Don’t forget the parm. Never forget the parm!