Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Weeknight Roast Chicken
- 1 3 pound whole chicken
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 bunch of thyme
- 1 lemon halved
- 10 pumps PAM extra virgin olive oil Spray Pump
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken inside and out with the salt. Fill the cavity with the rosemary, thyme and both halves of the lemon. Tie the legs together crossing the ankles. Mist the outside of the chicken with the PAM cooking spray pump and season the outside with the black pepper.
- Place the chicken in an oven proof skillet or roasting pan. Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, rotating half way through, until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh comes out at 160 degrees F. Allow the chicken to rest for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with any pan juices at the bottom of the pan.