Photo Credit: Food Network
Warm Arugula Vichyssoise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks green parts discarded, white parts washed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes about 1 pound, peeled and diced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- One 4-inch Parmesan cheese rind
- One 5-ounce container baby arugula about 6 cups
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Taste The World Party.
- Heat a medium Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the leeks and salt and cook, stirring often, until the leeks are very soft, about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2 minutes to let the flavors marry. Stir in the chicken broth and pepper flakes. Add the cheese rind and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium low to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in the arugula and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and discard the cheese rind.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and the lemon juice. Using a handheld blender, puree until completely smooth. Ladle into bowls or cups and top evenly with the mascarpone.