Photo Credit: Food Network
This hot cocoa has triple the chocolate, including nutella – yum!
Triple Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- 1 cup 55 to 60 percent cacao chocolate chips such as Guittard
- 3 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- Small pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: Winter Wonderland Party.
- Combine the chocolate chips, chocolate hazelnut spread, cocoa nibs and salt in a blender.
- Heat the almond milk until just about to simmer in a small saucepan. Pour the hot milk over the chocolate in the blender and allow it to sit for 30 seconds. Remove the middle section of the lid to allow steam to escape and hold a folded towel over the top of the lid, then begin blending the hot mixture on low speed, increasing the speed to high once it gets going. (Be careful not to go too high too quickly to prevent splattering.) Blend on high for 30 seconds. Pour into 4 mugs and serve.