Photo Credit: Food Network
Tricolore Pasta Salad
For The Dressing:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For The Salad:
- One 12-ounce box tricolor fusilli pasta
- 3 cups baby arugula chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup peppadew peppers chopped
- 8 slices about 4 ounces provolone cheese, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Big Hair Rocker Party.
For the dressing:
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
For the salad:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, about 9 minutes. Drain well and let cool slightly until just warm to the touch, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the dressing and toss well to coat. Allow to cool to room temperature in the dressing, tossing occasionally. Add the arugula, basil, tomatoes, peppers, cheese and salt and toss well to combine and coat everything in the dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.