Salad of escarole, tomato, avocado and castelvatrano olives tossed in balsamic viniagrette
Tomato, Avocado and Escarole Salad
- 1 8 ounce container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted castelvatrano olives quartered
- 1/4 cup mint chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large head escarole dark green leaves removed, remaining leaves chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado chilled and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted pinenuts
- As seen on: Giada in Italy, Episode 10. Bocce Ball Picnic.
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, olives, basil and salt. Add the escarole, white balsamic and olive oil and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle in the avocado and the pinenuts.