Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
I love tamari as a gluten-free alternative to soy sauce, and they give these spiced and slightly candied nuts so much flavor. Perfectly sweet, salty, and spicy from my favorite calabrian chili paste, these make a seriously great snack for game day – or any day!
Tamari Spiced Nuts
- 2 cups raw mixed nuts such as almonds, walnut and cashews
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- This recipe originated on Giada Entertains. Episode: TV Dinner
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread the nuts on a small rimmed baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the sugar, tamari, sesame oil and Calabrian chili. Remove the nuts form the oven and, while hot, add to the bowl. Toss well to coat. Spread the nuts back out on the tray and sprinkle with the salt. Roast for another 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.