Photo Credit: Food Network
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce finely sliced
- 4 potato burger buns toasted
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 on-the-vine tomato sliced
- Pickled jalapenos for topping, optional
- Sour cream for topping, optional
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Pool Party!
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chuck, salt, cumin and paprika. Divide into 4 even patties and drizzle with a touch of olive oil. Grill the burgers until deep brown and just barely cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Pile a bed of lettuce on the bottom of each bun. Top with a patty, some cheese and a slice of tomato. Top with pickled jalapenos and sour cream if desired.