Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
When you can’t decide if snacktime calls for something sweet or salty, this easy chocolate bark is the answer! Sea salt flakes, earthy pink peppercorns and olive oil popcorn bring out the depth in the dark chocolate. This sweet and salty popcorn bark is a great mid-day pick-me-up, so keep it on hand in the fridge!
Sweet and Salty Popcorn Bark
- 1 11.5ounce bag dark chocolate chips, such as Guittard
- 1/4 cup chopped marcona almonds
- 1/2 cup Simply7 by Giada De Laurentiis Olive Oil Popcorn
- 1/2 teaspoon pink peppercorns crushed between your fingers
- 1/4 teaspoon flake salt
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring often, until just a few chips remain un-melted. Remove from the heat and continue to stir until fully melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Fully line an 8 inch baking dish with plastic wrap. Pour the cooled chocolate into the pan and sprinkle with the almonds, popcorn, pink peppercorns and flake salt. Press lightly to make sure the items stick. Place the chocolate in the refrigerator until fully set, at least 2 hours.
- Using the tip of a knife to help, break the bark into pieces to serve.