Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This strawberry-tomato jam crostini is a great way to highlight fresh tomatoes during the summer season. The best part? You can use the extra jam on toast or bagels the next day.
Strawberry-Tomato Jam Crostini
For the Strawberry-Tomato Jam:
- 4 cups diced beefsteak tomatoes 2 to 3 large tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 40 small mint leaves for garnish, optional
- This recipe was originally seen on Giada At Home. Episode: Lunch with Mom.
- For the jam: Place the diced tomatoes in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the strawberries, sugar, cinnamon, salt and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened to the consistency of a loose jam, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- To assemble the crostini: Preheat the broiler to high.
- Slice the baguette into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Brush each slice on both sides with the olive oil. Place the bread on a baking sheet, sprinkle with the salt and broil until golden brown and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes. Top each crostini with a teaspoon of jam and some of the feta. Garnish with one or two mint leaves if using.