Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This simple salad gets a pop of flavor from the balsamic-orange vinaigrette, and a ton of great crunch from crispy prosciutto. It’s a great side salad for the holidays!
Spinach Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 oranges zested
- 2 small oranges juiced or 1 large orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 to 12 ounces pre-washed spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the prosciutto slices on a baking sheet and bake until just crisp, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Crumble the prosciutto slices into a container and store in the refrigerator.
- In a blender, combine the orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. With the blender running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until combined. Transfer to a container and store in the refrigerator.
- To serve, put the spinach in a large bowl. Toss with enough of the vinaigrette to coat the spinach. Sprinkle with the crisp prosciutto crumbles, toss again, and serve.