Photo Credit: Food Network
These cheesy sandwich bites are a perfect holiday appetizer.
Spinach Artichoke Panini Bites
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- One 10-ounce package frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 slices white bread
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: Christmas Cocktails.
- Special equipment: 2 rimmed baking sheets
- Put a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, lemon zest, salt, spinach and artichoke hearts in a food processor. Pulse until evenly combined. Add the mozzarella and Parmesan; pulse to combine.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise over half of the bread slices. Place the slices, mayo-side down, on a second rimmed baking sheet and spread evenly with the spinach filling, all the way to the edges. Top with the other 6 slices of bread. Spread the top slices with the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise. Carefully, remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and place it directly on top of the sandwiches. Transfer the double-stacked baking sheets to the oven and bake until the sandwiches are golden brown and the filling is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing into bite-size squares or triangles. Serve warm.