My homemade spicy chai latte spiked with whiskey.
Spicy Chai Latte
- 7 chai tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 2 inch piece peeled ginger, sliced into 8 pieces
- 6 black peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rye whiskey such as High West
- 10 orange twists optional
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Season 2, Episode 4. Thanksgiving Brunch.
- In a large sauce pan, combine the tea bags, cinnamon sticks, ginger, peppercorns and water.Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the almond milk and sugar. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer gently for about 10 minutes. Strain the mixture into a small slow cooker to keep warm during the party or ladle directly into mugs. Serve with rye on the side for guests to add 1 ounce themselves. Serve garnished with an orange twist.