Photo Credit: Food Network
Shrimp Fra Diavolo Bites
- Olive oil cooking spray for the muffin tin
- 2 fresh pasta sheets each cut into 3-inch squares
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Calabrian chile paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup jarred marinara
- 6 extra-large shrimp butterflied in half
- 12 small fresh basil leaves
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: Small Bites Potluck Party.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 12-cup metal mini muffin tin with the olive oil spray. Press a square of pasta into each cup. Set aside.
- Mix together the ricotta, chile paste, salt and oregano in a small bowl. Place a heaping teaspoon of the cheese mixture in the bottom of the pasta shells. Top with 1/2 teaspoon of the marinara. Press a piece of the shrimp gently into the cheese so the ends are sticking out. Spray the bites with the olive oil spray.
- Bake until the pasta is brown, the sauce is bubbling and the shrimps are cooked through, about 18 minutes. Remove the bites from the mold to cool slightly. Top with a basil leaf and serve.