Photo Credit: Food Network
Royal Beef Tenderloin Panini
- 1 pound beef tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 slices Italian bread 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Panini Party.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pat the tenderloin dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl, mix together the coriander, cumin, cinnamon and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Rub the tenderloin with the vegetable oil, then sprinkle with the spice mixture.
- Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the tenderloin for 3 minutes; flip, and cook an additional 2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook 10 to 15 minutes more, until the tenderloin is medium-rare (125 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer). Remove to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes.
- Combine the mozzarella, mascarpone, ricotta, horseradish, mustard, Worcestershire and smoked paprika in a medium bowl.
- Thinly slice the tenderloin. Spread 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each bread slice. Divide the steak and arugula among half the bread slices, then form sandwiches with the remaining bread slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat (see Cook’s Note). Place the sandwiches in the skillet and weigh them down with a foil-wrapped brick or a heavy lid. Cook for 2 minutes; flip, and cook an additional 2 minutes.