Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Roasted Baby Potatoes with Herbs
- 1/2 pound small red-skinned potatoes about 1 3/4-inch diameter, scrubbed
- 1/2 pound small white-skinned potatoes about 1 3/4-inch diameter, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence plus extra for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Originally seen on: Everyday Italian. Episode: Dinner and a Movie.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the herbs, garlic, and oil together until blended, and then pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes to a heavy large baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.
- Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden, turning them occasionally with tongs, about 1 hour. Transfer the roasted potatoes to a decorative platter and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and herbes de Provence, if desired. Serve hot or warm.