A favorite breakfast treat of mine, this granola uses agave, which is better for you than sugar or maple syrup. I can whip up a batch in about 5 minutes.
Raffy's Healthy Granola
- 1 teaspoon safflower or flaxseed oil
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds coarsely chopped
- 1 cup hazelnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup agave
- 1 cup water
- Place oven racks in the upper and middle third of the oven and preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with the oil. In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pepitas, flax seeds, cranberries, salt, and cinnamon. Add the agave and water and toss well to moisten the dry ingredients evenly. Divide the mixture between the 2 baking sheets and use the back of a spoon or spatula to press the granola down to a layer ½ inch high.
- Bake until golden, about 30 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through. Remove the sheets from the oven and use a spoon or spatula to lift and toss the granola on each tray. Turn the oven off and place the trays back in the oven until the granola has dried out, about 2 hours. Transfer the granola to airtight containers.