Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
In the Amalfi Coast town of Positano, street vendors sell this unusually topped pizza, a favorite among late-night revelers and kids alike. Sliced hot dogs and French fries will delight even the pickiest pizzaiolos.
Positano Hot Dog and French Fry Pizza
- 2 cups frozen French fries baked according to package directions and cooled
- 10 mini hot dogs halved lengthwise
- 2 Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the baked French fries evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the hotdogs. Bake for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Place the crusts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 2 minutes. Spread each crust evenly with the sauce and sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with the fries, hot dogs and remaining cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
- This recipe is brought to you in partnership with Flatout Flatbread.