Think of this easy green sauce as a secret weapon; its vibrant color and citrus tang wake up the flavors of vegetables and oily fish as well as braised dishes and grilled meats. Be careful in grating the grapefruit zest not to get any of the pith, which can make your sauce bitter.
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios chopped
- 1½ cups packed parsley leaves chopped
- 4 teaspoons grapefruit zest from 2 ruby red grapefruits
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice from ½ a grapefruit
- 3/4 scant cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove peeled and smashed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl combine the pistachios, parsley, grapefruit zest and juice, olive oil, smashed garlic clove and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before use or refrigerate until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before using.