The next time you buy a pineapple, peel and cube any leftovers and store them in the freezer. You can puree the frozen chunks just as is to make an instant, additive-free sorbet, or use them in this not-too-sweet smoothie. To partially thaw the pineapple chunks, microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds.
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened pineapple partially thawed
- 1 orange peeled and quartered
- 1- inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- ½ cup ice Dash of cayenne optional
- Place the pineapple, orange, ginger, lemon juice, ice, 1 cup of water, and cayenne, if using, in a blender. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately.