Photo Credit: Food Network
Leaving the shell on shrimp not only gives it more flavor, but makes this a fun and interactive appetizer – perfect for a beach setting!
Peel-and-Eat Pepper Shrimp
For The Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt such as Fage 2 percent
- 2 tablespoons capers chopped
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
For The Shrimp:
- 1 pound large shell-on shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns cracked or chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 rosemary sprigs
- Lemon wedges for serving
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Summer Sunday Supper.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- For the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, capers, agave, lemon zest, cayenne and salt. Set aside to let the flavors marry.
- For the shrimp: In a medium bowl, mix together the shrimp, olive oil, black pepper, pink pepper and salt. Toss well to coat. Spread the rosemary sprigs on a rimmed baking sheet and pour the shrimp on top. Bake until the shrimp are pink and opaque throughout, 8 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp alongside the dipping sauce, with lemon wedges and a separate bowl for the shells.