Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This no-fuss side dish is perfect for spring, and goes with just about any protein under the sun.
Peas and Prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1-pound bag frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces 1/8-inch-thick slices prosciutto, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute until tender, about 1 minute. Add the peas and saute until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the prosciutto and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the parsley and remove from the heat. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper, and serve.