Open Faced Finger Sandwiches
- 9 thin slices whole grain bread toasted and crust removed, cut into 2 (1 1/2 by 3 inch) pieces
For the Prosciutto and Ricotta Sandwich:
- 3 tablespoons ricotta
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 3 thin slices Prosciutto San Danielle halved lengthwise
- 12 leaves baby arugula
For the Avocado Sandwich:
- 1/2 avocado pitted
- 2 teaspoons toasted quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon flake salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Smoked Salmon:
- 2 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons capers chopped
- 3 slices smoked wild salmon halved
- 12 1 inch pieces chives
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 5. Film Festival.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, olive oil, salt and lemon zest. Spread the mixture on 6 of the pieces of bread. Ribbon a piece of prosciutto on top of each and garnish with 2 arugula leaves on top.
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin with a large spoon. Thinly slice the avocado. Place 2 slices of avocado on each of 6 pieces of bread. Sprinkle evenly with quinoa, salt and chili flakes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the creme fraiche and capers. Spread evenly over 6 pieces of bread. Ribbon a piece of salmon over the top and garnish with 1 or 2 batons of chive.