Photo Credit: Food Network
- 1/2 cup tomato puree such as Mutti
- 2 sprigs fresh basil torn
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon to finish
- 22 ounces pizza dough
- 1/3 cup shredded ricotta salata
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon flake salt
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Little Italy Party.
- Combine the tomato puree, basil, kosher salt and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 1 hour to let the flavors marry. Remove the pizza dough from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature for an hour as well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on a 9-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet. Stretch the dough in the oil, flipping it back and forth and stretching it to fit the baking sheet. Use your fingers to make a few dimples in the dough. Spread the sauce evenly over the top all the way to the edges. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the ricotta salata, oregano and flake salt. Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.