These cute little muffins take only about 15 minutes to put together, using ingredients you likely have on hand. If you do buy a jar of the almond butter, try it in sandwiches in place of peanut butter.
Mini Almond Butter and Strawberry Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup crunchy almond butter
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam or jelly
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 24 mini-muffin cups with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to blend. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, almond butter, eggs, and vanilla to blend. In two batches, add the dry ingredients to this mixture and stir just until blended.
- Fill the muffin cups half-full with batter. Spoon 1/2 teaspoons of jam on top of the batter. Spoon the remaining batter on top to cover the jam. Bake until the tops are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool. Once cooled, spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the jam on top of each muffin in the center.