Photo Credit: Lauren Volo
Matcha Chicken Tenders with Ginger Citrus
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice from 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest from 1/2 orange
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave
For the Chicken:
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- For the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, orange juice, zest, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and agave. Set aside to allow the flavors to marry while you prepare the chicken.
- For the chicken: In a pie plate or shallow bowl, mix together the panko and matcha powder. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the flour and 1‚ÅÑ2 teaspoon salt. Place the beaten eggs in a third shallow bowl. Working with one tender at a time, dredge in the seasoned flour, then the egg, followed by the matcha panko.
- Place the tenders on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the tenders for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Serve with the dipping sauce on the side.