Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Give the old chicken salad standby some tropical flare! Mango, black beans, cucumber, mint, and a creamy lime dressing make this super-flavorful salad a great make-ahead lunch for work or get-togethers.
Mango, Chicken and Black Bean Salad
For The Salad:
- 2 cups 1/2-inch diced cooked skinless chicken breast
- 1 large mango peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 4-ounce Persian or pickling cucumbers, scrubbed and cut into small cubes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/2 lightly packed cup fresh mint leaves
For the Dressing:
- Grated zest of 1 large lime
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice from 2-3 large limes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- This recipe originally appeared in Giada's Feel Good Food.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mango, cucumbers, black beans, almonds and mint leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, honey, mustard, mint, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add the almond butter and whisk until the dressing is smooth and thickened.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine. Serve chilled.