Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Lamb and mint is a tried and true, beloved combo – and I always like to keep it bright and fresh. In this recipe, I make a simple “salsa verde” of herbs, pistachios, capers, lemon juice and olive oil. It adds a lot of freshness to the really savory grilled lamb, and to me, they go perfectly together.
Lamb Chops with Mint Pistachio Salsa Verde
- For The Salsa Verde:
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons capers chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- For The Lamb:
- 12 frenched New Zealand single-bone lamb chops
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- Olive oil for brushing
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: The Art of Surprise.
- For the salsa verde: In a medium bowl, add the parsley, olive oil, mint, pistachios, capers, lemon juice and salt and stir with a rubber spatula until combined. Set aside to let the flavors marry.
- For the lamb: Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Dry the lamb chops well with a paper towel and season with the salt. Brush the grill with olive oil and grill the chops for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove to a plate to rest for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the chops with some of the sauce and serve the remaining sauce alongside.