Crowd-friendly holiday cocktail, coming right up! This festive drink, made with raspberry jam and your choice of vodka or prosecco, is sure to take any holiday party up a notch. Raspberry jam (homemade or store-bought) gets mixed with lavender extract or bitters for a delicate floral touch that cuts through the tartness. Then, all you have to do is mix in your choice of alcohol! Prosecco makes for a lighter, bubbly drink, while the vodka makes more of a heavy-duty cocktail. If you like to have some alcohol-free options on hand, the jam and lavender base also makes a great mixer for club soda.
This is one of my favorite cocktails for the fall and winter months, along with my Gentle Italian and Gin-Tini. Making about a cup of the jam mixture makes enough drinks to serve a large party, or you can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge to be cocktail-ready at a moment’s notice. Got some jam leftover? Why not make a raspberry jam crostata for your guests to snack on!
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon lavender extract or 4 drops lavender bitters
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 1 bottle vodka
- 1 bottle club soda
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Episode 1. 'Tis The Season.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the jam and the extract.
- Bubbles and Jam Cocktail: Place 1 teaspoon of the jam mixture in a champagne flute and top with prosecco. Stir gently to combine.
- Vodka and Jam Cocktail: Place 1 teaspoon of the jam mixture in a rocks glass and top with 1 1/2 ounces vodka. Fill the glass with ice, then top off with club soda. Stir gently to combine.
- Bubbles and Jam Mocktail: Combine 2 teaspoons of the jam mixture in a highball glass with club soda and ice. Stir gently.