Photo Credit: Food Network
Jade and I love sweet potatoes and russet potatoes equally, so when we make fries at home, we do this mix! I love this recipe because sweet potatoes have so many nutrients, and it’s so easy to set-and-forget them in the oven instead of dealing with frying. They get super crisp and caramelized in the oven, and it’s a favorite that Jade and I make almost every week.
Jade's Home Fries
- 2 small russet potatoes scrubbed and cut into 1-inch sticks or wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes or yams scrubbed and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- This recipe originated on Giada’s Holiday Handbook. Episode: Thankful For You.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven as it preheats for about 10 minutes.
- Place the russet potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the seafood seasoning and salt. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Using a hot pad or towel, remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and pour in the wedges.
- Bake, stirring halfway through, until deep golden brown and beginning to crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.