Photo Credit: Jack Rigalot
I almost always have these healthy ingredients around, so it’s easy to toss this together at the last minute. If you happen to have some zaatar around, or have been wanting to try this Middle Eastern spice blend, sprinkle it over the top. (You can buy zaatar here).
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups shredded kale
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes optional
- Zaatar optional
- Warm a small saute pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the sliced garlic and cook just until the garlic is fragrant. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tahini and lemon juice. Slowly add the warmed garlic oil, whisking constantly. Add the kale, salt, chickpeas, and sun-dried tomatoes, if using, and gently toss together, bringing the dressing up from the bottom to coat everything evenly. Serve, sprinkled with zaatar, if desired.