Photo Credit: Food Network
I love roasting these tiny peewee potatoes (sometimes you’ll see them labeled with different names – but basically, any waxy potatoes that are really small!). They couldn’t be simpler to throw together, and they really make a delicious crowd-pleasing side dish. Sometimes we think of potatoes as an unhealthy food, but when they’re prepared this way – with just a bit of olive oil, seasoning and an onion thrown in – it makes for a great health-friendly side dish.
Herbes De Provence Roasted Potatoes
- 24 ounces golden peewee potatoes halved if large
- 1 medium onion halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- This recipe originated on Giada’s Holiday Handbook. Episode: Live Well Party.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add the potatoes, sliced onion, olive oil, herbes and salt to a rimmed baking sheet. Toss well to coat evenly. If cut, arrange the potatoes so they are cut-side down on the baking sheet. Place in the lower third of the oven and bake until golden brown and the potatoes are tender, 25 to 35 minutes. Serve warm.