Photo Credit: Lauren Volo
This salad makes a delicious side to many dishes. The herbs are fresh, light, and super flavorful. I love that people have the ability to control the amount of dressing; if you want to keep it just herbs, go ahead, but the citrus and zataar in the dressing bring the herbs to a whole other level!
Herb Salad with Yogurt Dressing
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt such as Fage
- 1 teaspoon zataar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest from half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon water
For the Salad:
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup dill fronds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, zaatar, lemon zest, and vinegar. Continue whisking while drizzling in the olive oil. Season with the salt and whisk in the water. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss all of the herbs together using your hands as to not bruise them. On a platter or large plate, spread 1/2 cup of the dressing. Pile the tossed herbs in the middle of the dressing so that as people serve themselves they can spoon some dressing onto the herbs.