Photo Credit: Food Network
Herb Melon Salad
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cantaloupe peeled, seeded and diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 honeydew peeled, seeded and diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- Flake salt such as Maldon
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Put the cantaloupe and honeydew in a bowl and toss with the basil and mint. Drizzle with the sweetened vinegar and toss lightly. Pile the melon on a platter and sprinkle with the flake salt.