Photo Credit: Food Network
These fun skewers are like little presents of ham and creamy cheese, all wrapped up in zucchini!
Grilled Zucchini Skewers
- 2 medium zucchini thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandoline
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces Robiola cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes (see Cook's Note)
- 4 thin slices Black Forest ham sliced into 3/4-inch strips
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Jade and Giada Day.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the zucchini strips with the olive oil and salt. Grill the zucchini until just soft, about 45 seconds per side. Don't worry about the grill marks at this point. Remove to a board and lay out the strips.
- Lay the strips of zucchini on a board. Roll 1 cube of cheese in 1 strip of ham, then position the ham and cheese roll on a zucchini strip so the exposed ends of the cheese will be rolled up in the zucchini, preventing it from squeezing out. Roll the zucchini around the ham and cheese roll. Use 2 skewers to secure the roll. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, placing 2 rolls on every pair of skewers. Place the skewers back on the grill and grill until just warmed through and grill marks have formed, about 1 minute per side. Serve warm.