Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This gluten free pizza dough is delicious, all thanks to Petra gluten free pizza flour. The result? A pizza crust that’s delightfully tender, but sturdy and structured and has great flavor. This is the kind of gluten-free pizza dough you would not guess is gluten-free on first bite!
Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook*, add the warm water, yeast and honey. Stir to combine. Allow the mixture to sit for 3 minutes to make sure the yeast is alive. It should foam and start to bubble.
- Add the gluten free flour and salt to the bowl. Mix on low speed until the mixture starts to come together. Turn the speed up to medium and mix for 5 minutes. The dough should start to pull away from the sides but still remain soft and slightly sticky at the bottom of the bowl. Add an extra tablespoon or two of flour if needed.
- Drizzle the tablespoon of olive oil into the bowl, making sure to coat the entire ball of dough with the olive oil. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a floured surface to your desired thickness. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet or pizza peel, and top with your favorite toppings. Bake at 500 degrees F for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Drizzle the crust with extra olive oil if desired. Slice and serve hot.
- *You can also prepare this dough by hand. Simply knead the dough for the same amount of time by hand.