Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
For this creamy pasta salad, I turned to classic flavors that you might find in a traditional potato salad, or even an old-school macaroni salad. I love the creamy element, and all of the fresh herbs that give it a refreshing brightness. I made it feel a little more Italian with finely diced fennel and capers, which bump up the flavor another notch. This creamy pasta salad is perfect for picnics, potlucks, or even a tasty dish to meal-prep at the beginning of the week for summery lunches!
Creamy Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup drained cornichons chopped
- 1 small fennel chopped fine
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped herbs such as tarragon basil and dill, roughly chopped
- 4 small inner stalks celery and the leaves chopped fine
- 1/4 cup drained capers chopped
- 1 pound short pasta such as casarecce fusilli or elbow, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and honey. Stir in the cornichons, fennel, herbs, celery and capers until combined. Add the cooked and cooled pasta and salt and toss until well coated.