Photo Credit: Samah Dada
Wellness may be top of mind, but we’re not making any sacrifices in the dessert department – these gluten-free, dairy-free treats are every bit as delicious as they are nutritious.
Giada Tried It: DadaEats' Banana Bread Muffin Tops
- 1 very ripe banana mashed
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoon unsalted raw creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon grade A dark maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cookie sheet by lightly greasing with oil or nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mashed banana, beaten egg, almond butter, maple syrup, and the cooled coconut oil until creamy and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Using a rubber spatula, mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- On the prepared cookie sheet, evenly divide the batter into four muffin tops. If desired, place extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Enjoy!
- For more recipes from Samah Dada, visit www.DaDaEats.com.